Goin’ back home to my real love…… San Diego. But I will say this has been a ‘trip’…. or should I say ‘a little tripie’…. lol
It’s true what they say. You can’t go home. But that doesn’t stop some of us from trying!
I will say that I experienced a ton of compliments (guess the old girl still has it)….. and some of the people were actually the same…. and some of them had grown, which was absolutely wonderful to witness.
Very cool. And the reason for relationships? To learn something. And this trip was no exception. I learned lots on many levels. So in my world THAT’S successful!
Here’s what I learned:
- People in NY don’t function without Coleslaw or Baked Ziti. Is that why I’m so addicted? Wow!
- Egg Rolls are still REALLY good. And guess what folks! I’ve wondered for years what the difference was between mine and theirs. Double wrappers. Lesson learned!
- Chinese Ribs are still REALLY good.
- Pizza is still really good. Couldn’t get Gino’s to tell me the brand of cheese. But I have two more days to go back and harrass them! lol
- Bagels are still good. Although I really do prefer a half cut in two….
- Long Island restaurants don’t have a clue about fine wine. Or good California Wine. It’s good to go to a place like that. You drink WAY less! lol
- People would rather say yes than no, so they do. But they don’t mean it.
- Withholding information is key…. and not considered lying (what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas).
So that’s my trip so far.
And this blog would not be complete without….. an Eggroll. It’s like a cute little package. And RIBS…. notice the top layer? It’s ALL fat! You have to bite it off and spit it out. And as I did that…. my childhood of doing that came back to me! And what about that cute little package of ribs, all cut up? So much fun to watch the guy behind the counter cut them up, and finish them under the broiler, then place them into that special bag.
Yes. I AM losing it. But hey! I don’t get to NY once but every million years. And finally, how thin is thin? With pizza that is? Just look at the shot.
Well, I say to all my facebook friends that are still here in NY…… tell me where to eat. Where have I missed? I’m gone tomorrow afternoon, that’s plenty of time for ‘good eats’.
And to my friends and followers back home I say: ‘Enjoy living our healthy lifestyle’. But it’s good to go nuts every once in a while. I will eat FOR you. No worries. Save you the calories. LOL
Until next time….