Hi there! Chef Marian here again with the Del Mar Fairgrounds Cooking Class – Part II as promised.
And although my next on stage appearance on the 18th of this month (Home & Hobby Kitchen, 2nd floor, 2:30pm) will deal with “Cancer Fighting Foods” and I may have a few hints for you here, you will get the bulk on that info on stage and in the following days from this blog.
This is my “Food is Your Best Medicine Class”.
Alrighty then. Before I start this conversation, I want you to hear what a couple of people at the last Cooking Class had to say about “Chef Marian On Stage at The Del Mar Fairgrounds”. Review and Review.
Ok. Ready for the review of what I actually talked about? Ok. Let’s roll!
Please remember: Do not take the research I’ve found and use it in place of your own judgement and common sense, and if you have any of these items listed below, take this as a starting point, and continue to research, to see what is right for you. A doctors advise is always recommended before following anything…. except for the fact that these are all safe and natural recommendations. So they’re not going to hurt you. We’re just knowing that some of them will work for you and that’s the only ‘chance’ we are taking here.
We’ve got the Top 12 preventions and solutions for better health:
- Prevent Cancer – Lycopene, Cayenne Pepper. Go for anything that stimulated the immune system like broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, carrots or anything spicy hot. Figs shrink tumors. Flaxseeds affect cancerous change in colon and heart disease. Eat more fruits and vegetables
- Ovarian Cancer Prevention – Leafy green vegetables and cut down on the salt
- Preventing the Flu – Raw Organic Buckwheat Honey
- Curing the Flu – Garlic will kill bacteria and protects the body from poisons causing infection
- Spice to stimulate the Immune System – Echinacea, Garlic, Turmeric, Ginger, Bell Peppers
- Slipped Disc – White Willow Bark, found in aspirin will help cut down inflammation
- Cleansing Vegetables – (Vegetables that cleanse you) – Kale, Broccoli, anything green
- Relieves Gas -Anise, Caraway, Fennel and Dill
- What tomato needs to release the lycopene – Olive oil. Think ‘Caprese’
- Great Source of Vitamin A – Carrots, good for vision, bone growth & repels bacterial & viral infections
- Why is Raw Organic Honey Better – It is nutrient dense. It is an adequate source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and may help treat several health concerns with its antibacterial properties, antioxidant powers aiding digestion and helping boost your immunity
- Eat the rainbow -The only way to do that is to be ‘mindful’. Think about what you’re eating. You see a red pepper. Grab it. Add it to your meal. Greens are great…. very cleansing
You can see that by using ‘baby steps’ and adding a new vegetable, fruit or oil to your meals each week you will be able to experiment on you, to see what works.
And there’s one more thing I want to tell you about.
Bonus Information: research done about something you may have, but not know what it is: not shared at The Fairgrounds.
With summer here, watch for a skin rash that can crawl up your neck onto your face, on your back your arms… and it’s a tough one, because not every cure works on ‘every’ body.
It’s itchy and your skin discolors in splotchy ways. And here’s what it’s called:
Tinea versacolor (pronounced tin-aye-ya-vers-a-color) perpetuates itself when you have too much yeast, too much sugar (or things that quickly turn to sugar) in your system.
Things to Avoid:
- Sugar and things that turn to sugar like pasta and breads
- Fruits excepting citrus
- Yeast/Baked goods
Things to Add to Your Diet:
- Apple Cider Vinegar – there’s some debate here, but Apple Cider Vinegar contains Malic Acid and that’s good for you, on many levels
- Raw Veggies (broccoli, green beans, leafy veggies) and Citrus/Cranberries
- Raw Pumpkin Seeds (contradicts the ‘no nuts’ rule)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Whole grain rice/cous cous
- Raw honey
This list above clearly shows you can be in the drivers seat, when something shows up on your skin. Spices like turmeric, lotions like tea tree oil. All good in getting rid of fungus.
We used to say: “There’s a fungus among us”. Funny then. Not so funny if you have it.
My friend used Selsun Blue because it has Malic Acid, to stop the rash. But another person just told me it didn’t work for her at all. I am going to suggest you get Malic Acid and use equal parts of that and water to cure yourself.
Apples, especially green apples, watermelon, apricots, bananas, rapes, blackberries, kiwi, lychees, mango, nectarines, oranges, peaches, pears and strawberries, along with broccoli, beans, carrots, peas, potatoes, tomatoes and rhubarb are high in Malic Acid.
One more thing: Here’s a little drink you can mix up suggested to help with healing: 8 oz water, 1/2 Tspn Cinnamon, 1 Tblspn Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tblspn Raw Honey. Now don’t mix raw honey up with that cute little processed bear of honey. We’re talking’ raw here! lol
Mad thanks to those of you who spread this blog to friends and through your social media. And if you want to ‘help a girl out’, please post my Del Mar Fairgrounds Cooking Class, Home and Hobby Kitchen, 2nd Floor 2:30pm, when I will talk about and cook ‘Cancer Fighting Foods’. Of course, there’s always a game I play with you, to see how much you know and prizes to those who get the answers right!
You can rsvp to San Diego Foodies
and with that rsvp
you get one of my books
See you at The Fairgrounds!
Healthy Happy Eating,
Share the great info!